What is Your Goal?
What is your specific goal? To come up with your goal, ask yourself the following questions. Take your time and really work at answering these questions:
- Describe the goal
- What is it that you need or want to accomplish?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being most important, how would you rate this goal?
- What would be the impact on your life if this goal were achieved?
- How soon do you want to accomplish this?
- Do you have the resources you need to accomplish this?
- Is this goal consistent with your values?
- What do you intend to do/have?
- Is it a priority?
- What about it is important to you?
- Do you want it or does someone else want it for you?
- You won’t succeed unless it is a priority and something YOU want to accomplish.
- How committed to the goal are you?
- What are you willing to do for this priority?
- Pretend you have succeeded in accomplishing the goal.
- Take a few minutes, close your eyes, and visualize it. Feel it, smell it, taste it. Do this until you are motivated you that you can do it. Use all 5 senses.
- How will others regard you?
- How will you regard yourself?
- How does it improve your life?
Once you have your goal, write it down and put it somewhere you will see it every day:
I will _________________ by [date] ______________ because [why it is important to you].
You can use the My Goals document to help write out what the goal is and what needs to change.